Purcell City Lake Trail Project
The City of Purcell Parks Department will be hosting a public hearing on Phase III of the Purcell City Lake Trails Project:
September 14th, 2020 at 6:00pm, Purcell Multi-Purpose Center
*Past* Purcell City Lake Trails Project Phase 2 Public Hearing:
December 10, 2018 at 6:00pm, Purcell Multi-Purpose Center
*Past* Purcell City Lake Trails Project Phase 1 Public Hearing:
December 11th, 2017 at 6:00pm, Purcell Multi-Purpose Center
Information about the Grant
The following information outlines what this grant will do to benefit the walking trail:
- The City of Purcell has already had the grant application for Phase I of the walking trail approved which will begin in 2019.
- Engineers have been consulted to begin drawing up an estimate of the overall trail and each of its phases.
- The grant would pay 80% of the cost, and the city would pay 20% of the cost.
- Phase II would extend from Chandler Park eastward towards the volleyball courts. It would then turn north following the road north and following the Purcell Lake dam, then turning west along the cemetery to the north boat ramp.
- There will be no tax increase to fund the project.
- This grant application is for the second phase of the Trails project.
- This grant is administered by the Federal Highway Administration to the Federal Trails Program which is then distributed by the Oklahoma Department of Tourism
- This grant project would continue the foot/biking/mountain biking trail around the entirety of Purcell Lake.
- This grant request is due January 31, 2019
- The trail would be 10 feet wide, matching the width of the walking trail upgrade plans from Phase I.
- We would like to receive letters from the community. The letters should say why people do/do not want the trail, and how the trail will impact the city.
Letters can be emailed to the Parks and Recreation department, dropped off in person at City Hall or the Parks Department at the Multipurpose Center, or mailed to Lake Trail Project at the following location:
230 W Main
Purcell, OK 73080